Transferring into Professional WritingEdit

If you are a new student at Virginia Tech, then then being in the Professional Writing program was as easy as applying to the Department of English. However, many students transfer in after they begin their career at Virginia Tech. Switching major, even from University Studies, can seem like a difficult process, but it doesn't have to be. Talk with your advisor, and he or she will point you in the right direction.
Also visit Cathy Skinner's office on the third floor of Shanks Hall (329 Shanks). The people there will give you the forms necessary to transfer, and tell you where to get the signatures you need. These forms, like the change of major form, can also be found on the English Department website.
When tranferring into Professional Writing, you can visit 329 Shanks and get the signature from your new advisor. The Dean for the English Department can be found in Wallace Hall. When you get those two signatures, and the signatures of your old advisor and dean, you can transfer into the English Department.

Ad blocker interference detected!

Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.